Prawn Mac and cheese balls
for 25 balls depend how big or small you want to make them
- 200g prawns
- 5 cups macaroni (500 g)
- 80g of butter
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1 ¾ cups milk (400 mL)
- cheddar cheese (250 g)
- gruyere cheese (150 g)
- anchovy paste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp spoonsful of mustard
- 2 eggs, for egg wash
- Panko breadcrumb, as needed
- Boil water, add macaroni and cook until al dente
- Melt butter in a pan and mix 2 tsp flour into it.
- Add the milk gradually.
- Add both cheeses and cook until melted and the sauce is thick
- Add pawns and cook in the cheese sauce.
- Then add half a tub of anchovies paste and mustard
- Add white pepper and salt to season but remember the anchovy paste is already salty
- Add cooked macaroni and stir through
- Refrigerate mixture until it has solidified
- Take mixture out and form into balls on another plate.
- Dip the solid balls in egg wash, then breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot pan of oil until golden brown on both sides.